- Try to avoid exposure to the sun and tanning for several days before treatment, and ensure areas to be treated are free of tanning agents prior to your appointment. Please notify the clinician if you have recently applied self tanning products, or have had unprotected sun exposure.
- The treatment area should be clean with no lotions, creams or makeup applied.
- Advise the clinician if you are taking any prescribed medication. Some patients may find their skin is slightly more sensitive whilst on medication.
- In between treatments shave the area only, no waxing or using depilatory creams.
- Immediately after treatment the area will have a slight red appearance, a mild sunburn-like sensation and possibly some minor swelling. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- Keep the skin clean using a gentle cleanser and moisturiser.
- Do not use any exfoliators or cleansers containing AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), glycolic or salicylic acids for 24 hours post treatment, or until skin symptoms resolve ie. redness.
- Apply SPF30 sunscreen daily, and try to avoid exposure to the sun.
- If you should experience any irritation or rash after treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us at The Skin Lab on 07 3832 4370.